Sunday, May 22, 2011

Standing Before Kings

" Do you see a man skillful in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men."
Proverbs 22:29


Before we retired from the United States Air Force many years ago, we had the privilege of serving in the United Arab Emirates. My husband worked at the American Embassy as an officer and attache' of sorts. He had the honor of standing before the ruler, Sheik Zayed. He also worked with his son, Sheik Mohammed.

Impressed?

Well, probably not! Most of us have never heard of these men and won't ever have the opportunity to meet them. Although they rule over one of the wealthiest little countries in the world, my husband and I are really no better off for him having "stood before" him.

I always speak of myself as a "Jack of all trades and master of none." I do many things--sing, paint, garden, write, sew--but none of them to the point of standing before kings. And my tea parties with the granddaughters won't take me to tea before a ruler, I can promise you. So how in the world do I apply this to my life? I can almost guarantee that I will never be skillful enough in any of those to stand before kings.

I'm just not good enough.

But someday I will stand before the King!

"After this I looked, and behold, there was a great multitude
that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes
and peoples and languages, standing before the throne
and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes
with palm branches in their hands."

Revelation 7:9

I will be a part of that throng who is standing before the throne of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

But I said that I am not good enough.

So how do I know that I, the Jack of all trades and master of none,
will stand before the King?


Because through the shed blood of that very King, the Lord Jesus Christ, I have the privilege of being counted worthy. Praise God!

If you do not know the King of Kings, I encourage you to get your Bible down and begin to read the gospels--Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John. None of us are worthy to stand before Him without His salvation.

I encourage all of you who know Him to listen to this audio tape of "Hell's Best Kept Secret." Or you can read it on the same website. It just may change your life!

http://www.livingwaters.com/helps/HellsBestKeptSecret.pdf

As we look expectantly for the day we stand before the King,
Gloria

3 comments:

LV

What a glorious and inspirational post. Bless you dear lady. That day is fast approaching.

Charity

Thanks for the encouragement! Great post.

Angelia

gloria, you can turn obscure verses into great meaning for me....thanks.

Post a Comment