Sunday, July 11, 2010

The July Tea Party

I gave you the message from our tea party in the last post. If you haven't read it, please go to the previous post. In essence, that is why I have tea parties.

I must say, the granddaughters love tea parties! They even help me with the themes. We planned to have a red, white and blue party, but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work with my house. So I borrowed my daughter's blue. Everything she has is blue; she has loved it since she was a wee one. I have nothing blue in my entire house, except a little blue mixed with pink and yellow in a nursery room. So instead of red I added yellow to pull in the yellow in the room.

Enough of my decorating scheme. Let's have a party!

You can't have a party without a mess first!

The rain certainly didn't deter some girls from being excited about a tea party. Come to think of it, I think they may have been more excited about the rain!



One can't have a tea party without tea



And food must be mixed in there somewhere



Add a pretty table or two



And some girls in the mix



Voila! A tea party

My goal is to train these young girls to be strong, godly and capable women. The parties have a goal in mind, much more than just to grow pristine primping girls who do nothing but sit around and have parties and go shopping all the time. Someday my prayer for them is that they will be the women of Titus 2:3-4. As an older woman in their lives, I am to train them to "love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Do you have tea parties at home? I encourage you to have a theme, a goal in mind, when you go to so much effort. I know it will be worth it in the long haul!

I'm linking to:
Blue Monday
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2010/07/blue-monday-blue-candy-review.html
A Stroll Thru Life
http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/2010/07/22nd-table-top-tuesday-clock-finials.html

13 comments:

Rose

what a beautiful setting. the yellow flowers are beautiful.I agree we need to teach our youngsters to learn to be strong in a christian faith and and carry this into being a wife and mother.

Linda Stubbs

Oh, I would love to bring my little granddaughters to your home. What fun we would all have. You are such a precious lady! I love your heart and you are so right on! You need to be teaching their Mommies. They would be rich after they had been with you!

Loved your table! Beautiful! Food, place settings, candles, goblets and gifts. What fun to be had. You did a wonderful thing for those little girls.

Yes, we do have tea parties at our home. We love them!

Blessings sweet lady, Linda

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash

I love your heart. I have one granddaughter close to where I live but the other 2 are 21 hour drive away. To speak into their live is so important and your idea of incorporating a tea party is so sweet. Have a blessed week. Debbie

Cranberry Morning

What a blessing you are to these young girls! And what a heart you have for training them to love and serve God. I wish I could be at one of your tea parties. They look wonderful!

and that porch is amazing.

Sorry your container garden didn't work out this year. There's always next year. :-)

SmilingSally

How fortunate these young girls are to have a mentor like you! The yellow makes the blue come alive, I think.

Happy Blue Monday.

Marie

What a wonderful tea party! Especially that the intention is something virtuous. Love your blue and yellow setting and especially luv the food you served. What kind of pastries are those, with fruit on top? They look D-lish! Visiting from Blue Monday.
-marie

Unknown

You are a Godly woman. What precious memories you are making for your grandchildren, What a wonderful way to express to your grandchildren many, many lessons in your tea parties.

I had a grandma, although she was a devout christian, she never had time to offer things like this. But I love my mama - she left us in 1998 and I miss her more and more each day.

Dena E's Blog

Wonderful photos of all the BLUEs,,they are a gorgeous color of BLUE too...The tea party looks very inviting Sweetie!!!
Happppy BLUE Monday
Blessings and Hugs Dena

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall

lovely blue cups,
your blue post gives people a warm feeling of being home with the family.
Cheers!
outstanding one!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life

Oh what a beautiful idea and so wonderful to have your granddaughters be taught such Godly and loving lessons. Your china and table are stunning, and the food looks delicious. What precious little girls and I am sure they had a wonderful time. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days

I'm a bit late for the party, but how fabulous it looks. I'm sure the girls had a great time. What a neat idea. And your tables are amazing!

I just started a new series called Simple Pleasures. It's on Thursdays and I'd love you to link up one Thursday.

Cranberry Morning

Thanks for your comment on Cranberry Morning. We considered moving to Mountain Home, AR one time...then I realized that we have such a 'shared history' with the people of NW Wisconsin...and although I don't like the deep freeze of our winters, I would rather suffer those than temps above 100. You poor thing! And my German Shepherd would never survive. He doesn't even like it when it gets into the 80s. :-)

Have a blessed Lord's Day.

Charity

This was so pretty...and simple. Maybe one of my favorites. Now I'm hungry for meringues and berries!

Post a Comment