"The Lord has made everything for its purpose,
even the wicked for the day of trouble."
- belonging to or characteristic of a sovereign or sovereignty; royal.
- having supreme rank, power, or authority.
- supreme; preeminent; indisputable: a sovereign right.
- greatest in degree; utmost or extreme.
- being above all others in character, importance, excellence, etc.
I have nothing cute, astute, or profound to say about this verse. And I can't say that I just love it, either. I am thankful that it is here, because it explains some things--like why God allows the wicked to exist at all. And it is another proof of God's sovereignty and a good test for us of simply believing Him and knowing that in the end it will be for our good ( Romans 8:28 ) and for His glory
( 2 Timothy 2:13 ); therefore, I can believe Him.
Thankful that He's on my side!