Friday, August 26, 2011

A Season for Everything

"For everything there is a season, 
and a matter for everything under heaven." 
Ecclesiastes 3:1

Precious people in my season of life
Last Sunday evening our pastor spoke about the "smell" that we give off as we go through life, using 2 Corinthians 2:15-16 as his sermon passage:  "For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?"  It has caused me to spend time evaluating my "season" of life, and whether I truly am a fragrance of life to those who cross my path.

There is no question in my mind that in this season of my life, somewhere between late autumn and early winter, I suppose, God has blessed me with an incredible group of people to minister to.  Those 12 and soon to be 13 grandchildren are a project in the making, and God has graced me with the privilege of not only being able to influence them but to have them within 15 minutes of my home.  4 going on 5 live in my home!  Wow!  What a responsibility I have to be a "fragrance of life" to these precious people.

Over the next few days I hope to show some of the things that we do together.  Am I using these opportunities to be a fragrance of Christ to these children?  My prayer and my heart's desire is that I will.  How do I do that?  I do not believe it is enough to just "live a godly life" and expect them to see my life and want to be the same.  There must be more.  They must both see and hear from me about who God is and what He can do in their lives as they give themselves totally to Him.

Praying that I will "smell" of Christ,
Gloria



3 comments:

Angelia

you are a fresh Godly scent to me.

Kathy

Oh I love this Gloria! So happy that I have found you - I have had that verse on my mind along with others! Such a blessing. I love this thought of reflecting the 'fragrance' of Christ!
Perfect,
God Bless,
Kathy

Manni

I think you are going to do a wonderful job! You taking a step is a sign that its going to go in the right direction. Guiding the young ones with your kindness and prayers will make this even more special :)
hugs
Manni

Post a Comment