Friday, March 4, 2011

Quantity and Quality Time

As I go through the Proverbs this year, I am writing down each day the verse or verses that speak to me most that day. Many times as I look back in my journal, the month before shows a different verse that spoke to me in that particular chapter for that particular day. But on the 2nd, I looked back at last month's entry for Proverbs 2, and it was the same series of verses
(Proverbs 2:1-5 ).


What spoke to me in those verses?

If
You receive my words
If
You treasure up my commandments with you
If
You make your ear attentive to wisdom
If
You incline your heart to understanding
If
You seek it like silver
If
You search for it as hidden treasures
Then
You will understand the fear of the Lord
Then
You will find the knowledge of God

What spoke to me? A word that is not mentioned in the passage:

TIME

One cannot expect to acquire an understanding of the fear of the Lord or to have the knowledge of God without spending both quality and quantity time seeking it.

My daughters, each with 4 children apiece (this includes my daughter-in-love) get up each morning before their children and spend time with God. I am so grateful for these godly young women who are attempting to bring up their children
in the fear of the Lord
and
with the knowledge of God.

Ladies, spend TIME with the Lord.


Thanks for taking the time to read my post,
Gloria

1 comments:

Belinda

You know, it's so easy to give money or attend church service. Why is it so hard to make time for quality/quantity time with God? For most of us anyway. Great post!

Post a Comment