Saturday, March 5, 2011

Get wisdom, get insight; do not forget..........

...and do not turn away from the words of my mouth."
Proverbs 4:5


My jaunt through the Proverbs has had me considering what it takes to obtain wisdom and understanding. Yesterday I talked about quantity and quality TIME with God. Today we will talk about another issue, one that I often struggle with.
Proverbs 4:23-27 gives insight into this issue:


KEEP
your heart with all vigilance
PUT AWAY
Crooked speech
PUT AWAY
devious talk
LOOK
directly forward
GAZE
straight ahead
PONDER
the path of your feet
DO NOT SWERVE
to the right or to the left
TURN
your foot far from evil

How often do we just gradually let slip our good intentions to live a righteous life? How often does our quiet time evolve into a quick "Lord help me," or nothing at all? How often do we slip into sin by toying with evil even in the slightest way? Gradually we become entrapped like the frog who is put in a pot of cold water and slowly heated until, unknowingly, he has been lured into someone's stew?

My word for the day is
VIGILANCE

"Be sober, be vigilant, for your adversary the devil stalks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, standing firm in your faith........"1 Peter 5:8-9a

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Gloria

(I'm sorry; I'm not shouting at you, but I can't get these huge letters to shrink. Computers aren't perfect, either! That's why you who subscribe probably have 4 or 5 emails. I've been trying--unsuccessfully!)

2 comments:

Cranberry Morning

Well, Gloria, you're not alone in the computer problems. I can't figure out why some of my paragraphs come out in a smaller or larger print either!

Very good post today. We must not give an inch. Putting our faith in Christ and following Him is not a one-time deal like buying a ticket to salvation. We need Him daily, to relinquish control of our lives to Him daily, to talk to Him daily, trust Him and His Word daily, and rest in Him daily.

Charity

Good word, mom.

Post a Comment