Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's Attainable!

Proverbs 7 talks about the blessings of wisdom. Somehow it caused me to think of the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31. For most of my life I felt that it was an unattainable goal for me, something to wish for but never see. There is NO WAY that I can stay up sewing all night and still get up before dawn to work yet again. I just have to have 7 hours of sleep!

But a few years ago our pastor spoke on this passage, and

I HAVE HOPE!

If I have wisdom, which is attainable or God would not have told me to get it, then I may become a woman who fears the Lord. Here are the characteristics of the woman who has applied wisdom:

Far more precious than rubies (v.10)
She is valuable

The heart of her husband trusts in her (v.11)
She is trustworthy

She does him good, and not harm (v.12)
She is helpful

She brings her food from afar, provides for her household,
plants a vineyard, works with diligence (v.13-19)
She is motivated

She reaches out her hands to the needy (v.20)
She is merciful

She is not afraid of snow for her household (v.20-22)
She is prepared

Her husband is known in the gates (v.23-24)
She is influential

She laughs at the time to come (v.25-26)
She is confident

She does not eat the bread of idleness (v.27)
She is diligent

Her children and husband call her blessed (v.28)
She is spiritual

She has surpassed others of excellence (v.29)
She is honored

She fears the Lord
It is attainable! (v.30-31)

Praise the Lord! (And thank you, Pastor Daniel for your insight.)It is not impossible for me to be a woman who fears the Lord, an excellent wife, a virtuous woman.

I pray that this gives you encouragement today.
Love,
Gloria

1 comments:

Charity

Wisdom is the word of the day. I was studying it in James this morning.

Post a Comment