|A Battle With the World|
(spiritual comics... have fun!!! by Roxane Chapdelaine
Click on cartoon to see a larger picture
You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship
with the world is enmity with God?
Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of
the world makes himself an enemy of God.
Or do you suppose it is to no purpose
that the Scripture says, "He yearns jealously
over the spirit that He has made to dwell in us."
What does it mean to be a friend of the world? It means to do and be the opposite of a friend of God. This is a list of contrasting philosophies between God and the world, from the website The Cross and Cutlass:
- The world says it's all about you. God says it's all about Him
- The world says elevate yourself. God says to put others ahead of yourself
- The world says grab as much power as you can. God says be a servant
- The world says eat, drink, and be merry for this is all there is. God says you are an eternal being so be wise with your time
- The world says the ends justify the means. God says the means will be judged at the end.
- The world says outward beauty is everything. God says those with inner beauty will shine at the end.
- The world says gather as many things as you can. God says only your treasure in heaven will last.
- The world says death is the end. God says death is only the beginning.
- The world says truth is relative. God says I am the truth
- The world says man is good at heart. God says the heart of man is wicked all the time.
- The world says there are many pathways to heaven. Jesus says No man gets to the Father, but through Me.
- The world says to be tolerant. God says to call evil, evil.
- The world says it's all about personal happiness. God says it's all about personal sacrifice.
- The world says it's better to receive. God says it's better to give.
He who yearns jealously over the spirit He has put within us deserves our complete loyalty and devotion.