Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Bit, the Rudder, and the Tongue


Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers,
for you know that we who teach will be judged 
with greater strictness.  For we all stumble in many ways, 
and if anyone does not stumble in what he says,
he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body. 
James 3:1-2

These verses tend to haunt me.  I have pondered them many times and questioned if I am qualified to teach.  And yet I teach, believing that God has called me to it.  I know that my feet of clay stumble at times, not wanting to but tripping nonetheless.  Interesting isn't it, that our stumbling comes from our mouths rather than our feet.

Therefore it is with great trepidation that I even write my devotional thoughts on this blog.  Only God knows the inner workings of my heart, and it is my prayer that as I write He will guide the thoughts and intents of this heart of mine.  May my fingers write only what He would allow my tongue to speak.

In the fear of the Lord,
Gloria
 

1 comments:

Angelia

both our blogs are on the tongue kind of. i guess we're on the same wavelength.

Post a Comment