Thursday, June 2, 2011

"For the Lord gives wisdom, from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.  He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of His saints."
Proverbs 2:6-7

When the Lord passed out the gene for a sense of direction, He left me out!  I can hardly find my way out of a paper bag.  When we moved to the Little Rock area years ago, my son had to be taken to Baptist Hospital for treatment on his ears.  Every time we left the hospital to go home, we would end up in Mayflower, AR, 15 miles the opposite direction from our house.  You would think I would learn!  It appears to my brain that in order to go back the way I came, I should turn the same direction as I came, not the opposite!

But if you give me directions and I write them down (turn left here, turn right there, go past the third red light and turn left, etc.) I can pretty much go anywhere.  Just tell me what to do!

Proverbs 2 speaks of different paths.  Very different paths.

The path of justice    or    The way of evil.
The way of the saints   or   The way of  men of perverted speech.
Every good path   or   Crooked paths.
The path of uprightness   or   The way of darkness
The path of life   or   Path to the departed.
The way of the good  or   The way of no return.
The paths of the righteous  or  Cut off from the land.

God has clear directions.  He has written them down through the pens of inspired men over a period of 1600 years, and without error.  He has told me what to do.  All I have to do is follow those directions, and I am sure not to get lost.  Every good path is available to me, and I can take the route to the path of life.  If I ignore the directions or fail to read them, I am sure to be lost.  Left to our own devices, we just cannot do it. 

Thanking God for clear directions,
Gloria

2 comments:

Cranberry Morning

Wouldn't it be nice if we would just learn that God's Law makes us happy and FREE, and following Him makes everything fall into place as it was meant to be.

Angelia

2nd try at this
that is too funny about mayflower. lol
i have done this in life too. insanity--doing the same thing over n over expecting different results. only He can make our paths straight.

Post a Comment