Monday, February 28, 2011

Thankfulness



"Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 5:20


Now how can I not give thanks always for something like that?

Our study in Ephesians has taken us to the passage above. It is so easy to be thankful for the things that make us happy or comfortable. I never have to be pressed to say that I am thankful for the 12 grandchildren that God has blessed us with. I am thankful!

But then he had to go and mess things up.
We read the whole verse!

Be thankful always.
Okay. I'm always thankful for my grandchildren. And my children. And my home.

Am I really?
Do I GIVE thanks?
Always?

...and for everything.
EVERYTHING?


That's what it says....everything.
Hmm.....

The pastor went on to point out 3 areas in which we are to give thanks in everything:


Give thanks for the good things in life.


Okay, that's easy enough.

Give thanks for those things that God is going to give in the future.

One thing he mentioned was to give thanks for dying grace.
I can do that!


Give thanks for the trials of life.
Some of the things he mentioned were financial problems, health problems,problems with friends and family.

Wait just a minute!

I must say that the greatest times of growth in my life are those times when God is stretching me by giving me trials. My tendency is to beg Him to release me from the trials, when His divine will may be to carry me through them.

Okay, Lord, I get the message.
Can we just go on to another passage?

Thank you for being my listening ear and caring friend,
Gloria





0 comments:

Post a Comment