Monday, February 21, 2011

A Model for Your Children to Follow

Last weekend my 3 girls and I, along with a special friend went to a conference in Dallas featuring
Sally Clarkson (http://www.wholeheart.org/.)

It was a wonderful time of fellowship with the girls and a very encouraging time of reflection for me and looking ahead for the girls. You see, it was really a Mom's conference. My girls asked me to go with them, and I figured that since I live with 4 little girls and help with home schooling, I may as well go and hear what they hear. What spoke to me was not necessarily what spoke to them, seeing that I am in a different season of life. But one thing that gave me cause for reflection was a question that Sally asked:

"What are 5 adjectives that describe who you want to become?"

1. An organized woman. I never feel very organized, and I really do want to be an organized woman. It's just that there are so many distractions.

2. An overcoming woman. Do you ever feel that you are a sinking ship? The Scripture says that we are more than overcomers through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37

3. A joyful woman. John 15:10-11 says, "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." In order to be joyful, I must obey my Father.

4. A passionate woman. I want to be passionate in all my endeavors as I seek to be the wife, mother and grandmother that God wants me to be.

5. A tenacious woman. I want to be a "no quitter" when it comes to things of importance.

Sally Clarkson said that our spirit is an example to others--how we walk with God is a model for our children to follow. Hopefully we will model righteously.

What are 5 adjectives that describe who you want to be? I would love to know.

2 comments:

craftydiva

Glad y'all had a good time, found a blog with some amazing cakes, go check her out!


http://imtopsyturvy.com/

Cranberry Morning

1. well 2. Southern (without snow)
but seriously, your list looks pretty good. I think we could all aspire to those attributes.

Post a Comment