Sunday, May 2, 2010

Where do the kids go after church is over?




























Well, we have a country church in the city. We meet in an old meat packing plant converted into a church building. The roof leaks when it rains really hard. We have a volleyball/basketball/badminton court, a fellowship hall, a playground with swings and a clubhouse, and a barn behind the buildings. Well over half of the church is kids and teens, and we love children! The most interesting thing that we have is a chicken coop in the barn. It's a great teaching tool for these citified children. It has even been a good one for me! I once asked my mother if cows had horns. She laughed.......I don't know why! Today it seemed that everyone was out in the barn looking at the chickens. I don't blame them. I was out there, too! Just look at these little chicks.

I'm reminded how God says that He cares for us like a mother hen cares for her chicks. This hen has tirelessly nurtured those little chicks, and those little ones are so knit to that chicken! Oh, that we would learn the lesson of dependence on our Father from those baby chicks!


Under His Wings by William O. Cushing

Under His wings I am safely abiding,
Though the night deepens and tempests are wild,
Still I can trust Him; I know He will keep me,
He has redeemed me, and I am His child.

Refrain

Under His wings, under His wings,
Who from His love can sever?
Under His wings my soul shall abide,
Safely abide forever.

Under His wings, what a refuge in sorrow!
How the heart yearningly turns to His rest!
Often when earth has no balm for my healing,
There I find comfort, and there I am blessed.

Refrain

Under His wings, oh, what precious enjoyment!
There will I hide till life’s trials are o’er;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me,
Resting in Jesus, I’m safe evermore.

My prayer is that just as these little chicks rest under the mother's wings, you will abide under the wings of your Heavenly Father. Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

craftydiva

I really liked this post, is the poem the inspiration for your blog name?

Under Her Wings

Pretty much. I think of how God has us "under His wings" and realize that that is how I as a mother and grandmother should nurture those whom God has placed in my care. Thanks for asking.

Post a Comment