Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Special time on the porch with Lil


Today was the day for the oldest to have special "mommy time" with her mom. My daughter tries to do that once a week with each of her two oldest daughters while the younger ones rest. I enjoyed some special time with the second oldest. We went first to JoAnn's, where she picked out the fabric for cushions for the iron chairs that we bought for $4.99 at a thrift store. "I like that fabric. Good job, Lil!" Then we went to the back porch and sat in the rockers and drank strawberry/banana/blueberry smoothies. Twice while we were sitting there, she said "we have such a beautiful garden." That's why I like to have grandkids. They make me feel so happy. There's nothing better than a lazy afternoon on the porch and the blessed enjoyment of a precious little girl.

I'm linking up to Fireflies and Jellybeans:
http://firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com/2010/05/show-off-your-stuff-party-27.html

1 comments:

B Lines

Your garden is bee-you-tee-ful! My husband and I are working on getting our backyard and deck in good shape and it's very rewarding. I keep reminding him that our new little grandson will need a nice place to spend time with us. And it will be nice to sit back there with our grown children and visit while we watch the little one run around.

Post a Comment