Monday, April 25, 2011


"Take away the dross from the silver and the smith
has material for a vessel."

Proverbs 25:4

I so enjoy wearing the lovely jewelry that my husband purchased for me in the Orient and the Middle East. But I don't often think about the work that went into making that jewelry as lovely as it is. I read an article on how to refine silver,

How to Refine Silver by Melting | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6239912_refine-silver-melting.html#ixzz1KYIJHDe2

and it looks like an awful lot of intense labor. So I think I shall let someone else do the work, and I shall enjoy the product of their labors.


But that just doesn't cut it with my own personal life. If I want to be effective for Christ, I must be purified. The dross must be removed. Somehow that cries "pain" to me, and I must confess I don't like pain.

But do I want to be used of the Lord?

I DO!


There are some ways that I can be hands-on in my efforts
to become Christlike in my daily life.


1. Read and study and apply God's Word to my everyday situations.

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof {ouch!}, for correction {Oh!}, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent {I like this part}, equipped for every good work."

2 Timothy 3"15-16

2. Confess sin (turn away and repent) as it happens. No, I am not perfect. I sin. But I don't like it. So God has provided a way.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9


3. Allow the trials of life to make me stronger spiritually and to allow me to reach toward that goal of being refined into Christ's image.

"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."
Romans 5:3-5


Isn't it interesting that the most difficult things in life are the things that make us who we truly are? I don't necessarily like discipline or confession or trials, but I am so thankful that God uses them in my life.

Reaching toward the mark for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus,
Gloria


1 comments:

Cranberry Morning

So, so true. We all want to be used of God, but only if it's not uncomfortable, and won't cost us time, pain, or effort. Amazing grace, that God should still love sinners, for whom Christ died!

Post a Comment