Monday, January 2, 2012

Beginnings

View of the Mount of Olives from Mt. Zion



Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise,

in the city of our God, his holy mountain.
It is beautiful in its loftiness,
the joy of the whole earth...
 For this God is our God for ever and ever;
he will be our guide even to the end.
Psalm 48:1,2,14

Happy New Year to all! As we partook of the Lord's Supper yesterday, our  pastor spoke  about new beginnings.  What an appropriate day to begin 2012 by remembering the death of our Lord, the blood that was shed for the remission of our sins, and the body that was broken for us.  Beginnings...

My new year has begun interestingly.  My blood pressure has risen to new heights.  I've never had high blood pressure in my life, and all of a sudden it is HIGH!  As soon as the doctor decides to go back to work, I must go in to see him.  That's not the way I wanted it to start, but God's plans are not always mine.  So how do I greet this new phenomenon in my life?  To be honest, I want to worry a bit.  I don't want to have a heart attack or a stroke.  But then I am reminded, as with today's passage, that my God is great, He is beautiful, He is mine forever and ever, and He is with me always.  Wow!  What more can I ask? 
( I will ask for your prayers!)

I will definitely eat healthier, exercise more, and seek to honor Him more in my body, which is His. I have been reminded that a new beginning is in order.  I am also going to read through the Bible this year.  I was going to do it by myself if I didn't get any takers, but one of the ladies who reads my blog has committed to doing it, also.  It isn't too late to make that "beginning."  I have never failed to be blessed as I have done this.  What a glorious way to see and know the beauty of our Lord.

As we start anew,
Gloria




0 comments:

Post a Comment