Saturday, December 10, 2011

No Holes in God's Floor


The Cabin (and a few girls!)
A rustic Christmas tea party

Ruth giving the devotional

13 year old Gracie, Ruth's niece and a tea party frequenter, drew this picture of the Cabin.  Gorgeous, huh?
 (Sorry!  I took these pictures with my new smart phone. They don't look very smart!)

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  
The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 
When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, 
my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall. 
Though an army encamp against me, 
heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, 
yet I will be confident.  One thing have I asked of the Lord, 
that will I seek after:  that I may dwell 
in the house of the Lord all the days of my life...
Psalm 27:1-4a

A friend and her husband moved a 100 plus year old cabin to their property last year and have been restoring it.  Ruth mentioned that it was decorated for Christmas, and if we would like to use it for something, we may.  I could think of no better fun than having the granddaughter's tea party there, so yesterday we packed up our food and headed to Ruth's backyard cabin.  

We had a wonderful time, but the conditions were certainly not ideal.  Did you notice that most of us did not take our coats off?  It was cold, there was little light,  there were cracks in the floor and no insulation in the walls, and no power for heating it .  If wild Indians had decided to raid, we would have all been scalped, because we didn't have a rifle, which wouldn't have warded them off, anyway.  Thankfully it was not freezing, or we would have frozen.

I'm not complaining about our accommodations yesterday; it was more fun than you can imagine.  I'm saying all this to make a point:  That cabin was a far cry from "the house of the Lord" that David was speaking of.  Our eternal home will be lit by the Light of the World.  In fact, He is already our Light and our Salvation.  The warmth of His love keeps us, changing our cold, cold hearts.  He is our source of power, providing us all that we need to live this life victoriously.  Without His permission wild Indians or any other enemy cannot touch us, and we have no need to fear.  He is our Stronghold, so that ours is a house built on a firm and complete foundation.  There are no holes in God's floor!

By the way, thanks again, Ruth, for a great experience!

And let's thank God for His house, and all that comes with it,
Gloria

4 comments:

Cranberry Morning

That was a great segue from the cold cabin to the Lord's house! Lovely post, and I wish I had been there for that cabin tea. What fun you must have had! I know a family who have dragged many old buildings onto their property and have restored them. They also celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas in their old cabin. But I am sure they have a fireplace with a blazing fire. They'd have to in this climate.

Belinda

That is just my kind of tea party! I love rustic and restored cabins. And the drawing was unbelievable. That is one very gifted young lady!

Angelia

looks like yall had a good time. spectacular pic that Gracie drew. such talent.

Heather's Blog-o-rama

Wow, that cabin is pretty cool, even if it was tundra conditions inside ;) :)

Gracie is quite the artist. She's amazing!!!

Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Post a Comment