Monday, September 5, 2011

Are You Ready?



Dwight Lyman (D.L.) Moody
1837-1899
American evangelist
Why God used D.L. Moody - by R. A. Torrey

"Some day you will read in the papers that D.L. Moody of East Northfield is dead. Don't you believe a word of it! At that moment I shall be more alive than I am now; I shall have gone up higher, that is all, out of this old clay tenement into a house that is immortal- a body that death cannot touch, that sin cannot taint; a body fashioned like unto His glorious body.

I was born of the flesh in 1837. I was born of the Spirit in 1856. That which is born of the flesh may die. That which is born of the Spirit will live forever."

Yesterday much of our church, which began as a family church, lost their beloved mother.  Gracia Persson had 8 children, 6 of whom were sons.  One became a missionary, four are pastors, and one ran a Christian camp.  As they spoke of their beloved mother, it was obvious what their inheritance was:  they inherited a love for the Lord Jesus Christ and a desire to make a difference in the world.  She left them nothing of earthly goods.  At 90 years of age, she lived in her daughter's house and had very little--except the rich, rich bounty of a family who loves the Lord Jesus with all of their hearts.

What more could a mother desire?  I'm sure that right now she is in full agreement with D.L. Moody as she is rejoicing in seeing her Savior in His fullness.  The tears shed on earth could never bring her back, even if that was possible.  She is in GLORY, as her husband shouts it. 

I wonder:  Are you ready?  Does heaven draw you?  I often become so enamored with this world that I forget that this is not my home, only my place of preparation for my true home in GLORY.  Let's not be so pulled by the lures of the world system that we are not well prepared for the day when God calls us home.

If you have a few moments, listen to this wonderful message, "Hell's Best Kept Secret."  It may just change your life.
 

Eternally thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ,
Gloria 

3 comments:

Anne

Thanks Momma Glo, for this reminder. I find myself on Realtor.com a little too often, being side tracked from contentment with what the Lord has so graciously provided by what my flesh tells me I "need." Gracia sounds like an amazing woman. I hope you know that you have created a similar legacy. I've been thinking of you and missing you so much these last few weeks. I love you.

Angelia

GREAT post. couldnt have said it better.

Cranberry Morning

'her children rise up and call her blessed.' What a wonderful homecoming it must have been for that Godly woman. The longer I live the more I realize there is nothing alluring about this world and the mercy and grace of God, the amazing life that we have in Christ make everything else pale in comparison.

Post a Comment