Wednesday, June 9, 2010

How 'Bout Those Birds?


I think it will be pretty obvious as you look at these pictures that our family likes birds. As I walked around the house, I noticed there was a plethora of birds perching in one place or another--in the downstairs living room, the upstairs living room, bathrooms, kitchen--everywhere I turned there were birds. Even outside on a perch in the tree by the porch (note the above picture.) The love of birds didn't just start with me.

My mother loved birds.
Here is some of her artwork. She started painting when she was in her 70s.

I love birds.
Here is some of my artwork.

And this is my 9 year old granddaughter's masterpiece.


Birds love us, too.
Here are a few of their nesting places
The chickadees like this one.

The Carolina wrens love to hide their babies in here!

Every year for many years the sparrows have nested in this one.


A few places we harbor birds
Atop our stereo cabinet.

On the piano.


On a bookshelf in the living room.

In my bathroom.
In my hallway.

On a cabinet in the upstairs living area.


God loves birds, too.
The indication of His pleasure at Jesus' baptism was a dove. A dove was also an indication to Noah that all was okay for him and his family to descend from the ark. He encouraged us to look at the birds of the air and to see how He takes care of them, showing us that He will care for us, also. He said, "It was good" when He created the birds of the air and other flying creatures. He said in Isaiah 40:31, "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." When I feel like a helpless little bird, I can remember with joy that the Lord of Hosts loves and cares for me. When I get impatient and want everything right now, when I feel like I can't do anything else, or when I just plain don't want to do anything, I can lean on the promise of God in Isaiah and keep on trucking! I pray that you are encouraged. Have a blessed day!

I'm linking to:
A Southern Daydreamer
http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/2010/06/69-outdoor-wednesday-74.html

Blue Cricket Design
http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2010/06/show-and-tell-with-whimsy-couture.html

Tea Rose Home
http://tearosehome.blogspot.com/2010/06/link-party-no-11.html






13 comments:

Sir and Miss

I have really enjoyied visiting your post. I was particularly impressed by the art created by your mother, your grandaughter and you! A very talented family:)

Thanks for sharing,

Holly (3 Sisters, 365)
x

Joyce

You have a talented family of artists. I think it safe to say that you love nature and all that God made to go with it.
Joyce

Rebekah

I don't post a comment much, but I read every one. I love this one. OUr family does seem to have a bird love? I am glad the Lord used birds for examples of his love and care for us.

love you,
R

Cindy

You have a very artistic family!
I love birds, too, I have a feeder so I can watch them and they can feed. Great post!
Hugs, Cindy S

Ann

Us too, birds are one of our favorites. I love all of your bird house, the one on the wreath is especially cute.

LV

What a wonderful bird post. I really enjoyed all you featured and the way you shared them. I love birds of all kinds except those mean old black crackles.

Cranberry Morning

I love birds too! And your photos are wonderful. All the cute little places you have birds nesting around the house!

And I love your artwork. I've always wished I could paint. sigh. What a gift!

Belinda

Great post! And your artwork is stunning! Along with you and everyone else, I love birds. I collect black capped chickadees, but they aren't easy to find when it's not Christmas time.

"His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me...."

Stephanie Suzanne Designs

I love the birds too.....we feed them everyday to their hearts content...I do love that particular scripture..it's so true...in this human experience we tend to worry about so many things that we shouldn't.

I love all of the artwork...lots of talent running through the generations there. :0)

I'm sharing some wildlife that visits me if you'd like to take a peek.

Have a lovely day,
Stephanie ♥

Cranberry Morning

Thanks for your comment. :-) As far as painting goes, I just might try it!

Denise

Such a nice post, your granddaughter is very talented.

Daughter of the KING

Enjoy looking around your blog and today's post. God has indeed put talented artisits in your family. I too have a love for both wild and my caged birds. There is Omar (biblical name meaning "the speaker")Big Boy and Sunshine.

Thank you for stopping by at my blog today and for becoming a follower. I look forward to your comments for iron sharpener iron.

Blessings,
Linda J

FASHION BLOG

Lace hierarch Blake? louis vuitton handbags outlet Lai Foley Louis Vuitton endorse new LV chanel grand package money series of image advertisement, of course, is by Carl gulag ophir, and personally palm mirror filming location of course is Louis Vuitton LV historical famous scenic sites in the KangPeng square. Karl Lagerfeld narrative the filming process, said: "this is a relaxed to complete simple work, because the site everyone love her." Fashion editor Korean fire fire, spicy mom XuHaoYing, "international stylish rider" fan bingbing of zhou xun, supermodel, reiki LiuWen... In the spring, you seasons for what to wear, what bag with hesitation will also make you think over and over. See star, fashion editor with popular girl in this season is It with what, actually an appropriate sheet is tasted can joker, also can become the highlight of your whole body collocation. Agyness Deyn tomboy who return again, Agyness doesn't have classical beauty, but her body in a second gutty can attract your magical charm, no wonder designers have amazing her new era aesthetic feeling, not only for T stage added fresh feeling, more designers brought infinite inspiration. This blond punk tomboy peacetime love playing rock band Louis Vuitton,Louis Vuitton Sling Bags today this paragraph of green with the feeling of spring satchel Agyness appearance together and red carpet.

Post a Comment